Posted: November 29th, 2010 | Author: Danielle Morrill | Filed under: Candy, Chocolate, Deals, Gifts, Guilty Pleasures | View Comments
New to Betty’s Deal of the Week? Deal details are at the end of the post, just scroll to the bottom.
Photo Credit: roboppy on Flickr
Unless you managed to completely avoid the insanity surrounding Black Friday, you know the holidays are coming. I’ve been trying to figure out something cool to give my customers, and I realized that I could give them little company swag gifts that inevitably get thrown away, or I could spend the money on sometime really awesome.
When I was a kid, I remember how much I loved open a new bag of M&Ms and sorting them into different color groups or lining them up into patterns before devouring them. Something about an M&M that is just about to melt before you pop it into your mouth is so nostalgic.
Photo Credit: murphyj on Flickr
Even now that we’re all grown up, M&Ms in custom colors or with a custom design printed on top make a charming gift that people actually are excited to receive. I was hunting around on Flickr and found some pretty creative stuff, I thought this one to the right was especially sweet.
So go crazy! If you end up doing this, I’d love to see what you design – just post links to the pics in the comments until I get an email address set up for this domain. Once I get my delivery of custom M&Ms I’ll make sure to post pictures, too!
Available Deals on M&M’s Candies
- 1 Free Bag, with purchase of three or more Coupon Code; 1FREEBAG
- Buy 3 or more Bags Of Custom Printed MY M&M’S® And Get 1 FREE!
- Put Your Company Logo & A Message On MY M&M’S Candies. Free Logo Setup – $100 Value!
- 10% Off your Order! Coupon Code: WEDDINGS10
Create Personalized MY M&M’S® – The Perfect Party Favor for All Occasions.
Posted: November 29th, 2010 | Author: Danielle Morrill | Filed under: Chicken, Cooking, Health, Herbs & Spices, Ingredients, Low Carb, Olive Oil, Snacks | View Comments
Tonight while I was at Safeway with Kevin, I got the bright idea to buy 4 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts and thighs and cook them up as snack food to take with me to work this week. I’ve been trying to eat a higher protein diet, since I tend to be borderline anemic every time I go to the doctor for a checkup. Additionally, it’s more satisfying, tastes great, and is lower calorie than snacking on the stuff we keep around the office.
Here’s what I did to make it super flavorful and low calorie:
- heat alarge skillet on medium heat
- add 2-3 tablespoons of virgin olive oil to the pan (never add to a cold pan says Martha, still not sure why that is)
- add spices you like, for me it was “Italian Seasonings”, Rosemary, Oregano, kosher salt flakes and fresh ground pepper
- swirl or stir together the seasonings and oil until the coat the bottom of the pan evenly
- place the first group of chicken in the pan (with 4 pounds I had to do 3 batches)
- add 1/3 cup water
- turn up to medium-high and cover
Cook time: I like my chicken tender (but cooked to temperature of course) so I just turned it once after 4-6 minutes and then leave for another 3-4. I cut into the center of the thickest part of each piece to make sure it was white all the way through. When done, set on a plate to cool.
To keep the chicken moist all week, avoid the temptation to chop it all up into strips. Just cut what you’re going to take with you for the day, and leave the rest of the pieces whole and packed in a tupperware or other airtight container or plastic wrap. They’ll keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Enjoy, and let me know if this suggestion works for helping you snack healthier during the holidays!